"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." Psalms 119:18 (KJV)
These daily devotionals are different from most other devotionals. Instead of reading a random verse and a short illustration about a principle taught in the verse, these devotionals are designed to get the reader to read at least one chapter a day from the King James Bible, and to teach him at least one important lesson from the day’s reading. More need to know what the Bible teaches, and that will only happen by reading it!
It is not the intention of this devotional to teach all each chapter holds. A short, 200-700 word commentary teaches only one of the principles that is taught in the daily reading of one chapter of the selected book. The discussion is not a long-winded, exhaustive study of the entire chapter; just what you need for daily devotions!
Following the commentary is a short quote reinforcing the principle taught in the commentary, several definitions of difficult or unusal words found in the reading, a King James Bible chapter of the day's reading (so you do not have go to the next room and get your Bible), and several short exercises requiring the reader to reflect on what he has read in the day's reading. When this devotional is completed, the reader will have a general understanding of what is taught in in the book he is reading. It contains the daily devotions as taught at www.OpenThouMineEyes.com, plus much more!
These studies can also be used by a Sunday school teacher, pastor or anyone teaching the selected book. This Adobe PDF file (read with a PDF file viewer such as the free Adobe Reader) is 8.5" x 11" when printed and will produce a handout that will help an individual, class, or congregation learn principles taught in the book. If you can view the sample files below, your system already has a Adobe-reading program installed on your computer! As many pages as required can be printed or copied, and given out to a class that is studying the selected book for no additional cost. No longer does the teacher have to purchase one book per student.
For $9.95 you can immediately download this 80-page daily devotional on "The Revelation". It will help you obtain a general understanding of what the Bible teaches from a pre-millenial and pre-tribulation rapture view! It can also be used as a handout for any class that is studying "The Revelation".
Click to see a sample of A Spoonful of Revelation
Times spoken of in the Bible's book of "The Revelation" are getting closer each day. Some of the events spoken of in "The Revelation" are just around the corner; yet so few understand what the book teaches.
"I want to know what will happen in the last days, but I don't want to spend a lot of time reading and studying Revelation".
"Then Spoonful of Revelation is your answer. By reading this book less than ten minutes a day for at least 22 days you will understand:
* How God revealed ahead of time the spiritual conditions of church-ages, and what they were and are generally like
* Who will go through the terrible prophesied tribulations
* What the two witnesses will do during the tribulation, and what will happen to them
* What the anti-Christ will do
* Who the 144,000 that will go about the earth are, and what will happen to them
* How will the mark of 666 be used in those days and what will happen to those that receive it
* What will be the judgments that God will direct to those on the earth in those days
* Who will be the great spiritual deceiver in those days
* What will happen at the Battle of Armageddon
* Who will go into the Lake of Fire
* What will happen to Satan and to the earth
* What will the New Jerusalem look like
* ... and much more. That's not too much time to know the future of the world, according to God's own Words, is it?"
Have you always wanted to read "The Revelation"? Using A Spoonful of Revelation you can read it now and get a basic understanding of what it teaches. Order the download today, so you can start reading and learning now!
For $7.95 you can immediately download this 50-page daily devotional on "Hebrews". It will help you obtain a general understanding of what this book teaches! It can also be used as a handout for any class that is studying "Hebrews".
Click to see a sample of A Spoonful of Hebrews
"Hebrews" teaches about and corrects many doctrinal principles that confused many Christians in the early churches and still confuse many in churches today. Many false teachings, traditions, and philosphies stem from doctrinal errors that Paul rebuked and corrected in the early church. Learning what this book teaches will be a help in your own spiritual life and may enable you to be a help to others that may have doubts or questions about what their religion teaches.
"I want to understand what the book of Hebrews teaches, but I do not want to read a long comentary."
Then "Spoonful of Hebrews" is your answer as to why we are not under the Old Testament laws and many other things practiced and taught even in today's churches. After reading this devotional less than ten minutes a day for at least 13 days you will find yourself understanding more clearly:
* Who Jesus is
* Why salvation is so great.
* The dangers of a "hard" heart.
* The "rests" spoken of in the Bible.
* Why priests and Old Testament practices are no longer acceptable to worship God, and what the better alternative is.
* Why holding on to worship that was purposed for people before Christ is wrong, and how its continued practice will not help anyone.
* What the real purpose of the Old Testament law was.
* What faith is.
* What can be "good" about going through bad times.
* What to do to be a better Christian, and much more ....
Have you always wanted to read "Hebrews"? By using A Spoonful of Hebrews you can read it now and get a basic understanding of what it teaches. Order the download today, so you can start reading and learning now!
Purchase both A Spoonful of Hebrews and A Spoonful of The Revelation devotinals at the special pricing of $13.95.
For $7.95 you can immediately download this 55-page Old Testament Puzzle and Activities booklet. In it are 30 puzzles, activites, and the anwers.
Click to see a sample of Old Testament Puzzles & Activities
The booklet's wordsearches, simple crossword puzzles, and assorted activites are designed to reinforce biblical knowledge. They can be used for an individual who enjoys puzzles. They are also ideal for a Sunday school, vacation Bible school, or any Bible teaching situation where Bible students, (third grade and higher) are desired to learn more about the Word of God without buying one booklet for each student! The purchaser of this booklet can copy as many sheets as are necessary for their class on their computer printer or copy machine.
The beautifully typeset activity sheets are designed around the most common Old Testament topics, including:
* Books of Old and New Testament
* Moses (2)
* I Samuel
* I & II Kings
* and many more ...
Download a puzzle book for yourself or your ministry today!